Saturday, May 8, 2010

Celebration!

In the good tradition of celebrating one´s achievements, I thought I´d cyber-celebrate the publication of 4 (yes, four!) books recently:

Take Shape, levels 2, 5 and 6, published with Macmillan. Take Shape is a new primary course for Mexico and other Latin American countries, but available globally, which I co-authored. It´s meant for children 6-11 years old, who have between 5 and 10 hours of English a week. It was a huge project with a hectic schedule which I finished my contribution for in June 2009. After the writer hands in the manuscript it still takes a long time for books like these to actually appear. There are six levels, of which I wrote the coursebooks for levels 2, 5 and 6. They´ve just been published and, according to my co-author Paul Davies who was doing some promotion for it the other week, very well-received by the market. Fingers crossed!

Magic Adventure, level 1, for which I brought back the first level pupil´s book from Slovenia just yesterday. Magic Adventure is the first ´home-grown´ English course for primary schools for this age group, 6-8 years old, in Slovenia where English is about to (well over the next year or so) become compulsory for this age group. The publisher, Rokus Klett, have big plans and good hopes of selling and licensing the course outside of Slovenia in other European countries such as Serbia, Croatia, Bulgaria, Hungary, Italy, etc, and the first serious enquiries have already been made and interest shown (from Spain, for instance, who want to put it onto the French market - I know, don´t ask, the weird ways of business...). Niki is still slaving away at the Teachers´Edition and the Activity Book is almost ready. After the summer we´ll continue on level 2. (Below you can read more about The Tour).

So, a celebration is in order! Cheers!

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations! That's a great achievement! Bespeaks of many many hours of hard work, with very successful outcomes. Cheers!!!

    ReplyDelete