Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Where exactly?

At this late hour, this is the best map I could find. This is for Tess and Yarrow really so that you can see where your Dad is! Find Paris - that's where he was this morning(lunch time) ... then down to the bottom of the black line - and over into Spain - Hendaye ... and then follow the green line down - Burgos, Salamanca, V. Formosa (border of Spain and Portugal) , Coimbra, Entroncamento and finally Lisboa!

So he got the trains ok and I just got a text message saying he'd had dinner and a shower. I guess that he is somewhere between Hendaye and Burgos. I'm imagining a kind of Orient Express train but I suspect it's not that luxurious! I also had a message about how planes are simpler! Well, we have just got out of the habit of train journeys and the trains themselves are not equipped for those of us who are used to seeing exactly where our loved ones are. I have become adept at finding out plane arrival times, gate numbers and the like. Finding the Gare de Bayonne was challenging and only when I went to google.fr did I find it. On their site, I found the station notice board and learnt there that the French train drivers (some) are on strike. As for IrĂșn, no online notice and the same for Lisbon station. It's good that we have mobile phones and texting!

To sum up today then it was breakfast in Holland, lunch in France, dinner in Spain and tomorrow breakfast in Portgual! Now THAT is traveling!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment