Thursday, April 15, 2010

Ash

Oh yes, I am affected ... You can´t actually see the ash cloud here, but it has stopped all air traffic in and out of Dutch (and most European, I think) airspace. I even read in the SMH that flights from Oz have been canceled because of it. And you know what (as the KLM lady sighed to some foreign guests, including me): ´It always rains here, and there is always wind in this country - but just not now when we need it.´ So, the cloud sits above Holland and doesn´t shift much... Anyway, we´ll see where and how we go ... It could be tonight, tomorrow, Sunday - who knows ... No flights until 6 a.m. Saturday.

And then I thought - let´s see if I can get a Night-train to Lisbon ... Well, the thousands of stranded airline passengers waiting at the ticket offices of the National Railways sort of put me off that idea. I´ll see if I can book online! Sounds like an exciting thing to do :)

No comments:

Post a Comment