The Welcome Swallows are back! Always a nice sign of the season (autumn), they nest above the front door (and another pair on the back deck) and busily go about their flitting business of nesting and raising their annual family.The galahs, a type of parrot (yes, as in the proverbial Aussie expression You´re talking like a b****y Galah), who live in big families, have also returned and are doing exactly the same thing - there´s a big flock of about 30 resident on my property and they do make a bit of a racket.
And this morning, as I was doing my customary laps in the pool (up to 30 now!), I observed a big flock of Ibises flying into the valley and slowly circling down and landing (really, they do land like a plane ...) in one of our paddocks to do what looked ostensibly like grazing.
I haven´t seen the Rainbow Lorikeets yet, but I´m sure they´re not far off and will start nesting in the fence posts around the property. Yarrow was just saying the other night as we were looking out over the valley that we have lots of birds here, and we do - a pleasure to see and so nice they´re not in cages...



A beautiful Rainbow Lorikeet , a Galah and Ibises.
No comments:
Post a Comment