And all of a sudden a week has passed, and I´ve run behind blogging... My true and loyal fans ... here is an update. What happened since last time I roamed the blogosphere?
1 The pest people came and dug a trench around the house to install a pipe system which they then fill with poison to keep them little white critters out (see earlier posts). Also they renewed the barrier around the cottage, where the problem started, so this can now be fixed up and then rented out again.
2 On the weekend Tess, Yarrow and I went to The Square, one of the local shopping centres in Lismore, where we ´hung out´and I had a chai latte, on Tess´advice, because she apparently loves those. Tastes slightly better than Starbucks Chai, so give me real Chai tea any day, but it was, erm, an experience. Of course Tess and Yarrow had to walk ´a round´ through the mall, just to be seen by their friends who were also hanging out there ...
3 On Sunday, we drove to Byron but ended up at the Urban cafe in Bangalow, had chais and HUGE pieces of chocolate mud cake (which were taken home in doggy boxes - yes, one step up from doggy bags) and consumed over the next few days...
We then also went to the Park in Bangalow and played in the playground and threw sticks for Chicco who loved running around and taking a plunge in the Weir. (I know, a sign did say it wasn´t allowed, but hey, how to stop a dog who is dying to immerse herself...)
4 On our way back we stopped off in Lismore to drop a one-night video off, and we ended up in the Lismore Roller-skating Rink - a slightly garish, dilapidated place but very popular among Rollers, where Tess and Yarrow skated to their hearts´content to awful music videos, did the Limbo (unfortunately Yarrow didn´t win this time, after, literally, years of consecutive wins!), fell over, bashed into each other and other people and, generally, had a whale of a time - and this included the rather artificial-looking ice smoothies (very strange colours red and blue) and, well let´s admit it, not very nice chips. But I guess the not-very-nice-chips are all part of the experience!




No comments:
Post a Comment