Friday, December 4, 2009

Hamlet

As some of you may know, Shakespeare's Hamlet is one of my favourite plays. Indeed, my fascination with the play goes so far that I have a small collection of Hamlet's translated into all languages of countries I've visited, ranging from Spanish to Swedish to Dutch to French etc. I haven't yet found a Portuguese version ...

Saturday night we'll be going to see Hamlet, performed by the Lisbon Players, an amateur theater society but of great and wide renown in Lisbon and Portugal. Niki has been seeing many of their productions and this one is no exception - in fact, she will be seeing the play with a group of her teen students from the language school.

While preparing the play at the school, Niki used a little movie which summarizes Hamlet wonderfully and understandably and explains how and why everybody in the play, well, dies ... It's a bit of a battlefield, is Hamlet ... Check out the movie below: an 8-minute summary of a 3.5 hour play ...

No comments:

Post a Comment