Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Different

It´s the last night in Portugal before heading off to the UK and Holland with my love.  Even though I had to think for a moment when Niki asked me earlier today whether I felt different now than before, or whether this moment in time feels strange, or unusual. Even though I initially felt that I didn´t, it is a bit strange to think that I may not be sleeping in this house anymore - a house that has been a home for my love and I, off and on, depending on where we were, for more than two years now.  I don´t expect, being the Aussified country bumpkin I´ve grown to be over the last decade, that I´ll miss the concrete urban reality of modern Portuguese city suburbia, and yet, it has become familiar and ´close´, part of that inimitable mix of experiences, a space in the removal boxes of our lives which we carry along as we develop and grow. Another new phase begins...  and my love and I will embrace it with vigour!

No comments:

Post a Comment