Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Conference

Phew. I think that is the word that best sums up how my love and I feel at the moment. We have just come back from the IATEFL conference in Brighton. We have to admit that we felt Brighton was a rather downtrodden and seedy place, despite its fancy Royal Pavilion and The Lanes, with lots of homeless people, drunks along the seaboard and dirt. The conference, however, was good! We´ve met many of our professional friends there, and networked till the cows came home for future contracts. We´ve met our Chinese publisher, and have talked with many other people about current and upcoming projects. (And I know somebody, who reads this blog, and who doesn´t like the word ´upcoming´...).

We stayed in a nice B&B with a crazy landlady, and trekked 20 minutes every morning and afternoon to walk to the conference centre. This had been built in the 1970s, so (?) it has no windows to speak of ... rather depressing after five days ...

Tess and Yarrow might be interested to know that Brighton has pebble beaches, as the photo below shows. Rather strange, I must say - it´s as if it´s not a ´real´ beach...


The Lanes
Pebbly beach

No comments:

Post a Comment