Lo and behold! We've won a Prize! An award, even.I'm saying we, because it's the Garnet ESAP (English for Special Academic Purposes) series which has won the 2009 Duke of Edinburgh English-Speaking Union English Language Award for excellence in ELT publishing. A mouthful for a very distinguished award. The ESAP series is a series of twelve books so far, one of which is my English for Tourism and Hospitality book, and I'm writing another one for them called English for Media Studies. Click the picture for the press release.
The series was made by a huge team of dedicated writers, editors and publishers so unfortunately we couldn't all go to Buck House and meet (well, shake hands with or curtsey; well, catch a glimpse from afar of) the Queen and consort (whose name the Prize carries) but a Party will follow the ceremony.
As I will be in Australia I won't be able to go, but it's kinda nice to bask in the glory of a Prize.
No comments:
Post a Comment