It's fascinating to suddenly realize how life in a different place settles into a rhytym ... With the projects I have on, I've settled into a pleasant rhythm that is actually quite relaxed. Niki's rhythym and mine have effortlessly mingled. We're not out and about every day, as Niki's 'hours' are mostly in the afternoon and evenings, but we do often have quiet times in the morning before projects demand attention. No computers until after breakfast and no work in the weekends, some will be happy to hear ... Realtime, my Slovenian course, IATEFL's YLT SIG and Garnet's Media Studies, as well as FracasEnglish Down Under keep me nicely busy and occupied.
During the day I spend a lot of time with Astrid. Astrid, the cat, has settled in a comfortable truce with me. Comfortable, because she spends most of the time sleeping through it; a truce, because I think she has decided to indulge me in her presence but keeps her daggers sharpened (Don't worry, Niki, she didn't hear me type this). Sleeping either on the printer, or on a pillow against the window, she can see through the windows of the Marquise and survey her Realm ... while keeping half an eye and a meow on me.
No comments:
Post a Comment