It has been a long, long time since I´ve ridden a horse. The last time my love and I were on horseback together was about two years ago, when we went for a long ride on Duchess and Samson. Since then not many things equine have happened. After returning to Australia, Niki has been training with Duchess to get ready for the rides we have long envisaged doing together, but I have sort of lost my nerve a bit with Samson aka Boy.
Emu Eyes is one of John´s horses (not sure why he is named Emu Eyes - do his eyes look like an Emu´s?), and last weekend I went for a ride on him. I almost immediately seemed to regain all previous riding skill and confidence! This has enthused me so much! John has kindly lent me Emu so I can get back into riding again.
Today John and Mieke rode Saturn and Emu over from Clunes (a one-and-a-half hour ride). After they had left, and Emu had had some time to recuperate, I went for a short late-afternoon ride, which, though perhaps no longer than 15 or 20 minutes, was absolutely wonderful and invigorating. Niki and I are looking forward to exploring the hills around us (again) from on high! Thank you, John and Mieke!
Emu Eyes is one of John´s horses (not sure why he is named Emu Eyes - do his eyes look like an Emu´s?), and last weekend I went for a ride on him. I almost immediately seemed to regain all previous riding skill and confidence! This has enthused me so much! John has kindly lent me Emu so I can get back into riding again.
Today John and Mieke rode Saturn and Emu over from Clunes (a one-and-a-half hour ride). After they had left, and Emu had had some time to recuperate, I went for a short late-afternoon ride, which, though perhaps no longer than 15 or 20 minutes, was absolutely wonderful and invigorating. Niki and I are looking forward to exploring the hills around us (again) from on high! Thank you, John and Mieke!

No comments:
Post a Comment