So, spending the week at my mum´s, being thoroughly spoiled. I wish I could do simply nothing but unfortunately duty does call (could somebody just tell it to stop calling, please), and despite having found alleviation of work pressure from one publisher, I do have to work hard for the other one and finish Something Big before the upcoming Summer (well, Winter) Hols (!). So, at the moment I am being plied with regular cups of tea, nice lunches, gevulde koeken and speculaas, and news of the (otherwise staid but now almost US-frenzied) Dutch government elections in which the (extreme) right has made great gains, unfortunately, but where there may, fortunately, be a chance for change to a more left-oriented coalition government of 3 or 4 parties (as they are all trying to avoid having to negotiate with the upcoming right-wing) after years and years of conservatism. Perhaps they should have a Gevulde Koek, to calm them all down.Thursday, June 10, 2010
Oma´s
So, spending the week at my mum´s, being thoroughly spoiled. I wish I could do simply nothing but unfortunately duty does call (could somebody just tell it to stop calling, please), and despite having found alleviation of work pressure from one publisher, I do have to work hard for the other one and finish Something Big before the upcoming Summer (well, Winter) Hols (!). So, at the moment I am being plied with regular cups of tea, nice lunches, gevulde koeken and speculaas, and news of the (otherwise staid but now almost US-frenzied) Dutch government elections in which the (extreme) right has made great gains, unfortunately, but where there may, fortunately, be a chance for change to a more left-oriented coalition government of 3 or 4 parties (as they are all trying to avoid having to negotiate with the upcoming right-wing) after years and years of conservatism. Perhaps they should have a Gevulde Koek, to calm them all down.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment