A bit of buddhist wisdom, which has helped me a lot in the past to deal with loss, and which I hope will help my sisters, mum, children and other loved ones, to deal with the loss of Pa / Opa, and I quote (you'll find this in many places, it's not from one particular source):"In the end only three things matter: how fully you have lived, how deeply you have loved and how well you have learned to let go…"
isn't the latter rather self-centered?
ReplyDeleteyou, you, you....a.k.a. 'me'.... so why not 'they' or 'we'?
ah - there's food for thought...or drinks :-)
P.
Erm, no I don't think so ... this is a direct quote ... I'll put quotation marks around it... and it's advice to others, so 'you' is used as 'one', 'people', or yes can even be read as 'we' or 'they' in whatever people want to interpret it ... as for me, it was advice that worked when it was given. Yes, that drink sounds good ...... :-)
ReplyDelete