Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Cha(i)rity ...

Uh-oh, I've done it again ... and it took me only a few days ... To do what, you may ask ...? Well, as some will know, I have the habit of breaking chairs ... or at least ensuring they go entirely out of kilter, balance and composition because of a) weight (despite considerable weight loss) b) posture (OK, I slouch on chairs, yes, I do ...), c) (but not necessarily always so) shoddy workmanship. In fact, as to c) I have been known to destroy quite sturdy, chairs of quality craftmanship in my day... Anyway ... Niki's kitchen stool was victim to whatever I do ... the legs sort of, well, broke and twisted ... You have to admit, they were weak! So off to IKEA Lisbon it was this morning to purchase two (yes, there is safety in numbers) stools ... Perhaps I should invest in some cement blocks to sit on ... I mean, you can't break those ... Can you?

For more information about the sculpture in the photo, go here.

1 comment:

  1. LOL ... Huge fond grin. Oh why am I not surprised??? (I helped my Dad glue together a chair that you'd gently wonkified at their place yesterday)
    :-) :-)

    ReplyDelete