Thursday, March 22, 2012

fencing and stuff

Imagine that you wake up in your bed in three years’ time. What things would be different? And what would be the same? I don’t think any of us can really imagine. Here’s what I can now do, that I couldn’t do three years ago. I guess we all learn on a need to know basis. So here’s what I’ve been learning this week.

Fixing electric fencing. Superneighbour Bruce helped me with that after I’d done the blade of grass test. (Thank you Tess and Yarrow!) I was talking to my best pal Rita last night and she was bemusing how my Portuguese has deteriorated because I couldn’t find the word for fence. Well, I don’t think I ever knew the word vedação - there aren’t many in the Lisbon suburbs! Whilst fixing the fencing, which involved cutting down a ton of weeds, the dog was suddenly not there. So an hour of yelling round the valley brought out various neighbours… and the dog eventually. Phew! At night, with Tessy we were making a Spanish Omelette when the gas ran out. So we called on Kathryn (again) to help us switch gas bottles. Ok so that also isn’t difficult - but it’s gas! So always good to be sure. Oh and earlier in the day I had daubed bluestone on the back of a horse’s leg - single handed. Nothing else can go wrong - can it?

No comments:

Post a Comment