Apologies, avid reader! A week has gone by since I´ve arrived on the Iberian Peninsula, and not a word has come your way. Shame on me, I say. Blame it on the jetlag, I´d say too... It seems as if, with the passing of time, each flight is more of an onslaught on the body and mind. A week after arrival I finally feel human again, can sleep normally again (without having to get up 6 times a night) and can function again like, well, silly old me. Back into the routine of writing, I spend my days sitting in the Marquise of my love´s house, penning away on our English Grammar for Teens for China while Niki does the same, teaches at the University and observes teachers who teach at or for her school. Spring has sprung here in Portugal, so the days are generally sunny. It takes time to get used to the city again, the concrete, the masses of people, the limited space, but being with my love helps endlessly! We often nip across the street for breakfast, lunch or dinner, when the mood takes us.

No comments:
Post a Comment