Well, I'm not sure where the past few weeks have gone, but gone they are and I feel hopelessly behind on everything that happened to us.
Noosa
Niki and I went to a town called Noosa, up the coast, on the Sunshine Coast (not to be confused with the Gold Coast). Niki had to work at a language school there and while she did that I worked in what appeared later to be the staff room where everybody normally had lunch: only this time I was there and hogged the place. We had decided to spend two nights there and had a couple of pleasant nights there. The apartment we had rented was really nice, quiet, lovely pool. On the way back we unfortunately drove through Maroochydore (if the name wouldn't keep you away from there, then at least its reputation should, because it's the pits), and then detoured through the wonderfully quaint Glasshouse mountains where we had lunch. Lovely weekend, and Noosa is a very friendly and interesting place to spend some time.
Horses
Other than that we have been working hard, trying to ensure a little break over Christmas and as I write this my love is waiting at Brisbane airport to go to Numea for her week's Cambridge work. It's been a goodly while since we've been apart for this long and neither of us are liking it, really. No doubt we'll settle into a temporary routine and the week'll be gone before one can say, erm, well what one says under circumstances like that.
Summer
English
On the work front, a new website has just been launched for my 25-year old " blockbuster" (lol) course Real English (www.realenglish.nl). The site contains, amongst other things, a video clip in which a teacher talks about her and her children's work with the course. It's so nice to see it being used in a classroom: one of apparently more than 3,000 (which is 37.5% of Dutch schools).
Banana
Ton and Ellen once gave us five banana plants, one of which grew up to be a substantial banana tree - the other day Niki ran in excitedly to announce the birth (?) of a bunch of bananas. I must admit it's amazing the way they grow.
Beautiful, no?
No comments:
Post a Comment