On the day that Obama won a second term, it was time for something ceremonial at home as well. After months of negotiation, I was finally able today to sign the publishing agreement establishing the partnership with our Chinese friends Qingdao Publishing Group and Professor Lianzhong Zhang. We will be producing a new graded readers series, consiting of - for starters - one hundred (!) 42-page illustrated books for Chinese students learning to read in English between 7/8 and 18 years of age. It's going to be a big project, potentially big (lots of Chinese out there) and an intense collaboration with all parties involved (including Niki, who is one of the writers on the project). DVDs, a magazine, animations will be explored in the future. I felt the signing, which couldn't happen in China with all parties there, deserved a pictorial commemoration at least - hence the photo which I also sent back to the Chinese (I know they are fond of pics).Wednesday, November 7, 2012
Finally!
On the day that Obama won a second term, it was time for something ceremonial at home as well. After months of negotiation, I was finally able today to sign the publishing agreement establishing the partnership with our Chinese friends Qingdao Publishing Group and Professor Lianzhong Zhang. We will be producing a new graded readers series, consiting of - for starters - one hundred (!) 42-page illustrated books for Chinese students learning to read in English between 7/8 and 18 years of age. It's going to be a big project, potentially big (lots of Chinese out there) and an intense collaboration with all parties involved (including Niki, who is one of the writers on the project). DVDs, a magazine, animations will be explored in the future. I felt the signing, which couldn't happen in China with all parties there, deserved a pictorial commemoration at least - hence the photo which I also sent back to the Chinese (I know they are fond of pics).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment